Vitamin D TestMeasure the levels of Vitamin D in your blood, which is a key nutrient that helps your body absorb calcium and phosphoruhs. Both are essential for building healthy and strong bones. Read more
What to expect with Quest
Health insights, on your terms
Get lab work without having to wait and pay for an appointment with a doctor. Shop questhealth.com and choose from 75+ tests – the same quality tests that doctors use and trust, but no doctor visit required for purchase.
Easy to buy & simple to schedule
After your purchase, schedule an appointment at a nearby Quest Diagnostics location and have your specimen sample collected by a trained healthcare professional.
Fast online results, with support
Access test results from your phone as soon as they’re available, with the option to discuss your results with an independent physician at no extra cost.
Foods that naturally contain Vitamin D:
• Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel
• Beef liver
• Egg yolks
Foods that may be fortified with Vitamin D:
• Breakfast cereals
• Orange juice
• Other dairy products, such as yogurt
• Not enough Vitamin D in the diet
• Poor absorption of Vitamin D
• Inadequate exposure to sunlight
• Adults > 50 years of age
• People with darker skin (darker skin absorbs less sunlight)
• People who are overweight
• People who are vegan or have a diet low in Vitamin D–rich foods
• People with other health conditions such as Crohn disease, celiac disease, kidney disease, or liver disease