Hepatitis C Test With ConfirmationDetect for the hepatitis C virus (HCV) immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies in the blood. Read more
What to expect with Quest
Health insights, on your terms
Get lab work without having to wait and pay for an appointment with a doctor. Shop questhealth.com and choose from 75+ tests – the same quality tests that doctors use and trust, but no doctor visit required for purchase.
Easy to buy & simple to schedule
After your purchase, schedule an appointment at a nearby Quest Diagnostics location and have your specimen sample collected by a trained healthcare professional.
Fast online results, with support
Access test results from your phone as soon as they’re available, with the option to discuss your results with an independent physician at no extra cost.
According to the CDC, the following persons have an increased risk of contracting hepatitis C:
• People living with HIV
• People who are currently or have a history of using injection drugs, including those who injected only once many years ago
• Healthcare, emergency medical, and public safety personnel exposed to HCV-positive blood through needle sticks, sharps, or mucosal exposures
• Children born to mothers with HCV infection
• People notified that blood was donated by a person later found to have tested positive for HCV
Additionally, people who have received the following treatments have an increased risk of developing hepatitis C:
• Maintenance hemodialysis
• Clotting factor concentrates (before 1987)
• Transfusion of blood or blood components (before July 1992)
• Organ transplantation (before July 1992)