Vitamin D Test
Who is getting tested? *
Must be 18+ years of age to purchase
Orders not permitted in: AK, HI, AZ
Blood (venipuncture—a needle is used to draw blood from a vein)
The benefits of testing
You can get the information you need to support a healthy life - for yourself.
Take control of your health
Conveniently shop and pay online for lab tests without a doctor's visit. An independent physician will review your request and if appropriate, confirm your order and offer oversight.
Schedule and manage your appointments
Conveniently schedule your appointment online at one of our Quest Diagnostics locations. Certain tests may also offer self-testing home delivery.
Get your reliable results online fast
View your results through your secure account online. And it's easy to share the result with your doctor.
Foods that naturally contain Vitamin D:
• Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel
• Beef liver
• Egg yolks
Foods that may be fortified with Vitamin D:
• Breakfast cereals
• Orange juice
• Other dairy products, such as yogurt
• Not enough Vitamin D in the diet
• Poor absorption of Vitamin D
• Inadequate exposure to sunlight
• Adults > 50 years of age
• People with darker skin (darker skin absorbs less sunlight)
• People who are overweight
• People who are vegan or have a diet low in Vitamin D–rich foods
• People with other health conditions such as Crohn disease, celiac disease, kidney disease, or liver disease