Rheumatoid Arthritis TestMeasure levels of certain proteins and antibodies in your blood that are associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), an autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own tissues and causes painful swelling in joints and other organs. Read more
What to expect with Quest
Health insights, on your terms
Get lab work without having to wait and pay for an appointment with a doctor. Shop questhealth.com and choose from 75+ tests – the same quality tests that doctors use and trust, but no doctor visit required for purchase.
Easy to buy & simple to schedule
After your purchase, schedule an appointment at a nearby Quest Diagnostics location and have your specimen sample collected by a trained healthcare professional.
Fast online results, with support
Access test results from your phone as soon as they’re available, with the option to discuss your results with an independent physician at no extra cost.
You may be more likely to develop RA if you have any of the following risk factors:
- Sex – Females are two to three times more likely to develop RA.
- Age – Risk of developing RA increases with older age.
- Family History/Genetics – Being related to someone who has RA, and several genetic factors may increase the risk of developing RA.
- Obesity – Being obese increases risk of developing RA and treatment may not be as effective.
- Periodontitis – Diseased gums may cause an increased risk of developing RA.
- Smoking – Long periods of smoking increases risk of developing RA, and continued smoking can increase the effects of the disease.
- Lung Disease – Diseased lungs and airways may cause in an increased risk of developing RA.